What is Chrome Web Store?
Chrome web store is the place where you can get the applications, extensions and browser theme. You can download apps like google calendar, and other useful application that makes your work easy. Google chrome extensions helps gives you special facilities that make your work easy while accessing internet on Google Chrome. Browser Browser theme helps you to personalize your browser look.
Benefits of Google Applications
Install quickly without restarting computer.
You can use it across multiple computers by synch apps
Up to date apps hosted on the web.
App launcher is available to manage applications.
Benefits of Chrome Extensions
Add updated features of existing apps.
Event notification on time.
Installed chrome extensions are seen on address bar, you can use them as shortcuts.
What are the benefits to add your website on Chrome Web Store?
Number of Chrome users is increasing day by day. Your site is visible to thousands of users and it will increase your traffic as well.
When user add your web site on chrome, it is likely to visit your website frequently.
It will increase traffic without marketing much on another platform.
It is very easy to add your website in chrome web store. It costs just $5 (one-time fee).
You can get backlink by adding your site on google chrome web store that increase traffic of direct visitors of your website.
How to add website to chrome web store?
Here is the complete tutorial how to add website to chrome web store.
Before adding website to chrome, checkout the following tasks to be done.
- Verify your ownership in Google Web Master. Verify your property properly.
- Design the icon of website. Size of the icon should be 128×128, save as PNG file.
- Write a description of maximum 15000 character for your website. Include reasons why people should add your website to chrome and briefly describe your services.
- At least 2 screenshots. Can be either 1280×800 or 640×400.
- Design two attractive promotional images. Image size 440×280 and 920×680.
- Prepare a manifest zip file with icon. It is a little bit technical but you can do it easily by following instructions below.
- Open Notepad
- Copy and paste following code. Change the name and description according to your website details.
“name”: “YOUR WEB SITE NAME”,
“description”: “ADD DESCRIPTION (70 CHARACTERS).”,
- Save the notepad file as manifest.json
- Create zip file of manifest.json file with icon of your website. Name it myapp.zip.
- If you are using windows browser than making zip file is very easy. Right click on file manifest.json and send it to Compressed of zipped folder.
- After creating zip file, you are ready to add your site to chrome with following instruction.
- Login with Gmail account in https://chrome.google.com/webstore/developer/dashboard
- Click on PAY THIS FEES and complete the process of paying $5.
- Click on ADD NEW ITEM button.
- Click on CHOOSE FILE. Choose the zip file you created as myapp.zip
- Click on UPLOAD
- Finish the upload process
- Now, write description as prepared before, upload the icon file, upload screen shots and promotional images. Select category and keywords.
- In next steps, you can also add Google Analytics ID to get statistics of your app.
- Click on PUBLISH CHANGES, and your site is added to chrome now.
- When you are logged it to Google, you can see your web apps under YOUR APPS option from the left menu. If you want to see how your apps look in the listings you have to logout of your Google Account.
Is it necessary to add website to Chrome?
Definitely, I will say “YES”. It will increase the website traffic and helpful to get a valuable backlink from chrome.