Everyone occasionally feels blue or sad, but these feelings are usually fleeting and pass within a couple of days. When a person has a depressive disorder, it interferes with daily life, normal functioning, and causes pain for both the person with the disorder and those who care about him or her.
Depression is a common but serious illness. Who experience it need treatment to get better? Many people with a depressive illness never seek treatment. But the vast majority, even those with the most severe depression, can get better with treatment. Many people can’t understand that they are in depression so before treatment, it is important to diagnose.
Symptoms of Depression
- Persistent sad and blue feelings
- Anxiety or “empty” feelings
- Insomnia early-morning wakefulness or oversleeping
- Irritability and restlessness
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Over weighting or lose weight
- Feeling worthless and guilty
- Feeling tiredness all time and losing energy
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details and making decisions
- Thoughts of suicide “Living is worthless”
- Get addicted to tobacco or alcohol or sometimes sex.
- Feels like it will never get better as before and
loosinghope. Loosinginterest in activities like going out and talking with friends
Conclusion: Feeling sad and lonely sometimes is not depression. It happens. It is the part of life. When you feel blue for long time and your feelings get worst over the time, then it is depression. Depression can affect people at any age, including teenagers. Awareness is important for everyone. If you like this information comment and share with your friends and family.
Think healthy! Eat healthy! Stay healthy!